DatabaseSkills provide help to address the following customer issues:
DatabaseSkills use proven methodologies and expertise in database administration, security, performance tuning, replication, backup, and fault-tolerance in providing this service. DatabaseSkills will work closely with customers to offer the following services [full detail on Services]:
- Is your DBA team overworked?
- Could you benefit from a "consultant DBA" to augment your DBA team?
- Do you need a dedicated DBA who works with your DBA team on a weekly schedule?
- Do you need a dedicated DBA who intimately understands your business, architecture, and database infrastructure?
- Do you need a Certified DBA with direct channel access into SQLServer / MySQL Support?
- Do you want access to SQL Server / MySQL database expertise?
- Do you need a cost-effective DBA solution?
Scope of Work
- Analyze their current database infrastructure
- Analyze their database requirements
- Identify potential issues and limitations
- Diagnose issues in complex application architectures
- Improve database infrastructure, architecture, and design
- Install, configure and administer SQLServer / MySQL
- Apply the latest SQLServer / MySQL patches and version upgrades
- Schedule backup & recovery
- Set-up and manage replication
- Help secure their database environments
- Benchmark, load test, and optimize critical SQL queries
- Help proactively manage performance and capacity planning
- Implement best practices and recommend tools for managing their database infrastructures
- Design, installation, configuration, and administration of customers' SQLServer / MySQL databases
- Improved reliability, security and performance
- Help minimize project risk through better assessment of effort and project scope
- Knowledge transfer and skills development for SQLServer / MySQL DBA
- Learn administration best practices